Tuesday, October 5, 2010

The Last Supper

The Last Supper: sound familiar? Perhaps, it’s not because of the Biblical account of Jesus, but because of our repeated attempts to “never do that again,”  “never eat again” in our lives? How many times can we swear of this vice or that vice, this addiction, that addiction, only to binge on it- again?
“For what I am doing, I do not understand. For what I will to do, that I do not practice: but what I hate, that I do.”
The Apostle Paul in Romans 7:15
What’s been your “last supper” lately? Have you invited Jesus to be there with you, concerning it? If not, why not? Look at what Jesus wants to do with each of us, in spite of any issue we experience:
“Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.”
Revelations 3:20
Next time we’re tempted to swear something off forever, only to be our flawed human selves, yet again,  let’s allow God to really come in.
“The Lord your God in your midst, the Mighty One will save; He will rejoice over you with gladness, He will quiet you with His love, He will rejoice over you with singing.”
Zephaniah 3:17
God is right there with you, in the middle of your struggle, your failure, your success. Let this be your lasting thought!


No comments:

Post a Comment