Thursday, June 9, 2011

Dive in it



It’s been a great day of writing today. As usual, my imagination makes things worse than the actual reality of things. Fear: false evidence appearing real. Playing with the paralyzing fear, it’s easy, I guess, to be too confined with doing something absolutely perfectly or “right.”

So, after avoiding some work on my new book, I decided to “just do it.” I dove in. In an ideal situation, I’d love to have the book already perfectly completed. However, in reality, it’s more like what the late comedian, George Carlin once said:

“Just do the next thing.”

So, I did.

I may not have looked as graceful as the beautiful tiger here.
I’m more of the flailing “I can’t swim” sort. But, nevertheless, I dove in. I did it. I’m not paralyzed now; I’m energized now. Diving is so freeing.

No comments:

Post a Comment