Friday, December 21, 2012

Come To Jesus

Alright, yes, I have too much time on my hands and I take too many photos of our cats, Gracie and Glory. Here is no different. But they are so adorable, checking out the Baby Jesus.
Really? Could you not seize such a photo-op yourself? Anyway, these photos of our cats checking out the Baby Jesus, even nibbling on Him, re-reminded me of the direct, innocent and childlike way we are to approach Jesus and this time of year.
“But Jesus called them unto him, and said, ‘Suffer little children to come unto me, and forbid them not: for of such is the kingdom of God. Verily I say unto you, Whosoever shall not receive the kingdom of God as a little child shall in no wise enter therein.’” Luke 18:16-17 He will not reject us if we come to Him; we told us so: “All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out.” John 6:37 The phrase, “come to Jesus” is often used in our popular culture. It describes a serious intervention/discussion we need to have one another. But how often do you and I really think about the true meaning of that expression? Let’s truly embrace the “come to Jesus” reality, Baby Jesus or otherwise. After all, as so often quoted, “Jesus is the reason for the season.” God bless you and your family this wonderful Christmas season! Copyright © 2012 by Sheryle Cruse

No comments:

Post a Comment