Tuesday, July 2, 2013

I Think You Are Wonderful

I recently came across this image.
It was a child’s drawing sent to Marilyn Monroe. Children often get right to the truthful point. Looking at it, I can’t help but smile. I think you’re wonderful. What an amazing thought. Yet, how many of us experience that sentiment? Yeah. Precisely. But God thinks that…about us… right now. God isn’t short on His thoughts concerning us… “How precious also are thy thoughts unto me, O God! how great is the sum of them! If I should count them, they are more in number than the sand: when I awake, I am still with thee.” Psalm 139:17-18 How much time, how many negative, self-destructive and toxic thought do each of us spend, draining ourselves, dragging ourselves down? And then, what if we have the audacity to believe our negative thoughts are God’s thoughts? We need to remember there’s a difference… “For my thoughts are not your thoughts, nor are your ways my ways, says the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are My ways higher than your ways, and My thoughts than your thoughts.” Isaiah 55:8-9 And here’s a sampling of those higher thoughts… “Since you were precious in my sight… I have loved you…” Isaiah 43:4 “…‘Yea, I have loved thee with an everlasting love: therefore with lovingkindness have I drawn thee.’” Jeremiah 31:3 He esteems us quite highly, in fact… “So God created mankind in his own image, in the image of God he created them; male and female he created them… God saw all that he had made, and it was very good...” Genesis 1:27; 31 Why can’t we then? “…I am fearfully and wonderfully made…” Psalm 139:14 Why can’t we think we’re wonderful? Why should that thought be any more difficult to believe than a negative, insulting thought? Let’s redirect our focus; let’s believe God’s Truth about us! Copyright © 2013 by Sheryle Cruse

No comments:

Post a Comment