Monday, October 19, 2015

The Snoopy Why



There’s just nothing like cute little Snoopy to capture the “what’s the point” question in life.
 


Most of us have never sat upon our rooftops, but most of us have asked the same battery of questions about our lives.

We’re not the first; we certainly won’t be the last…

“‘Why then have You brought me out of the womb?
Would that I had died and no eye had seen me!
 ‘I should have been as though I had not been,
Carried from womb to tomb.’
 “Would He not let my few days alone? Withdraw from me that I may have a little cheer
Before I go—and I shall not return—
To the land of darkness and deep shadow,
The land of utter gloom as darkness itself,
Of deep shadow without order,
And which shines as the darkness.’”

Job 10:18-22

“Moses said to God, ‘Why have you afflicted your servant? Why have I not found favor in your eyes, that you place the burden of this entire people upon me?’ ‘...From where should I get meat to give to this entire people…’ ‘I am not able to carry this entire people alone, because it is too heavy for me. If this is how you deal with me, then kill me now…let me not see my failure.’”

Numbers 11:11-15

Yes, both Job and Moses have been where we are…clueless, questioning, afflicted, apprehensive…

And, before we get so caught up in the doom and gloom of our self-designated despair, we need the reality check perspective of what things, indeed, are- even if we don’t understand every detail in full explanation.

“I returned, and saw under the sun, that the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favor to men of skill; but time and chance happeneth to them all. “

 

Ecclesiastes 9:11

Life is mysterious, uncertain and yes, frightening, especially if we see all of the horrible “what if’s” occurring without any grace or mercy.

“For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.”

Romans 6:14

“And God is able to make all grace abound toward you; that ye, always having all sufficiency in all things, may abound to every good work:”

2 Corinthians 9:8

“For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast.”

Ephesians 2:8-9

“Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.”

Hebrews 4:16

Know ye that the LORD he is God…be thankful unto him…bless his name. For the LORD is good; his mercy is everlasting; and his truth endureth to all generations.”

Psalms 100:3-5

“God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.”

Psalms 46:1

We’re not left alone to fend for ourselves. We’re are equipped to live our lives. And that includes the uncertainties, unanswered questions and numerous anxieties…

“To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven."

Ecclesiastes 3:1

“Trust in the Lord with all your heart; and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths.”

Proverbs 3:5-6

That’s why we’re instructed to cast our cares upon the Lord…

“Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you.”

1 Peter 5:7

Yeah, yeah, yeah, I know. That does not appease our finite selves. There are unresolved situations in our lives.

Therefore, how important it is to keep these matters in perspective; God is- and has- every answer, every solution. He has decided our futures are secure and good.

“For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope.”

 

Jeremiah 29:11

 

There’s nothing cartoon or comic strip about that! God has you- whatever that represents when it involve your life circumstances.

Trust in that right now!

“Trust in the Lord with all your heart; and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths.”

Proverbs 3:5-6

Copyright © 2015 by Sheryle Cruse

 

No comments:

Post a Comment