Friday, December 25, 2015

Ah, Family (God, help me!)


 

Okay, I’m writing this entry “pre-holiday get together.” Like a lot of you out there, our family will be embarking on the traveling, the activity planning and gift giving challenges that can only come from spending time with family.
 


Let’s break it down even more; we’re preparing for the challenge of family itself! Ah, yes, I hear the groans and the sighs already! Family…yeah.

“…Lord, help me.”

Matthew 15:25

Just an encouraging reminder- to you and to me, as well- “this, too, shall pass.”

I know this is a REAL challenge to all of us; let’s face it, when it comes to family, as much as we love them, we all have our triggers! Hang on! God wants to bless you today.

So, let’s try not to dump the carrot Jell-O mold on anyone’s head or bust someone’s jaw with a fruitcake, or tie up family members with holiday tinsel or take a baseball bat to the tree. It will be over soon. We can all make it through this; we can.

 Like I said, I write this “pre- holiday get together,” so, I’m going into “battle,” just as much as anyone else out there right now.

As irritating, frustrating and downright maddening as family can be, still, in some way, they are a blessing to us. Try, therefore, to pick out SOME blessing needle in the family stress haystack as you may find yourself enduring the get together. I know I’ll be doing my own looking! Let’s keep each other covered in prayer, God bless and merry Christmas to everyone out there!!!

 
I’ll report back… Here’s hoping!
Copyright © 2015 by Sheryle Cruse
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment