Friday, April 22, 2016

Flesh Great


 

“O my dove…let me see your form…for your form is lovely.” 

Song of Solomon 2:14

The other day, I stumbled across this gem of a sentiment...

“And your flesh shall be a great poem.”

Walt Whitman
 
 

Wow. It’s surreal to take that in, isn’t it? For, how much of our lives rage against that?

For those of us who struggle with body image, food, weight and self-worth issues, we seem to believe the exact, harmful opposite.

We believe...

...Our bodies are horrible...

...Our bodies are ugly...

...Our bodies are wrong...

...Our bodies are disgusting...

...Our bodies are worthless...

...Our bodies are defective...

And, to those assertions, we, all the more, need to apply scripture, the REAL TRUTH< the Most High’s beliefs about us.

So, to the wrong, limited, harmful beliefs we hold about and against ourselves...

...Our bodies are horrible...

“Since you were precious in my sight… I have loved you…”

Isaiah 43:4

...Our bodies are ugly...

“Thou art all fair, my love; there is no spot in thee.”

Song of Solomon 4:7

 

...Our bodies are wrong...

“For You formed my inward parts; You covered me in my mother’s womb.”

Psalm 139:13

...Our bodies are disgusting...

“For my thoughts are not your thoughts, nor are your ways my ways, says the Lord. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are My ways higher than your ways, and My thoughts than your thoughts.”

Isaiah 55:8-9

...Our bodies are worthless...

I will praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made…”

Psalm 139:14

...Our bodies are defective...

 “My dove, my undefiled...”

Song of Solomon 6:9

And, to further speak to any contrary argument against our beings, there is this...

 “I am my beloved's, and his desire is toward me.”

Song of Solomon 7:10

This is you; this is me. Right here, right now.

This is how great our flesh, indeed, is!


Copyright © 2016 by Sheryle Cruse

 

No comments:

Post a Comment