Thursday, March 1, 2018

I Am Aware- W is For Wisdom


“W” is our next letter in the statement, “I am aware. And a fantastic “W” word to look at, as far as recovery goes, is Wisdom.

“If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you.”

James 1:5

Hand in hand with accepting the ugly truth of ourselves and the role we have played in our own addictive and destructive choices, is recognizing our dire need for wisdom.

We don’t know it all. Period.  

“For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.”

1 Corinthians 13:12

The Most High assures us He will lead and guide us if we seek wisdom and His help…

“Your ears shall hear a word behind you, saying, This is the way, walk in it, whenever you turn to the right hand, and whenever turn to the left.’”

Isaiah 30:21

“I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go: I will guide you with My eye.”

Psalm 32:8

Therefore, we should be encouraged to go for it. Ask. Seek. Knock. Obtain that wisdom, gaining a greater understanding of who we are and why we do the things we do.

“Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding.”

Proverbs 4:7

Let’s get it, then!

Copyright © 2018 by Sheryle Cruse


No comments:

Post a Comment