Tuesday, February 19, 2019

Bumping Into Things




“For what I am doing, I do not understand...”

The Apostle Paul in Romans 7:15

I recently caught this viral clip of a cat bumping into things.


And I found myself relating. I believed I knew exactly what I was doing.

You need to laugh right here.

And, for those of us in recovery from disorder and addiction, it, indeed, seems absurd. Really, are we truly experiencing only fantastic results from our erratic, out of control choices?

There is a way that seems right to a man. But its end is the way of death.”

Proverbs 14:12

Whether it is alcohol or drug-fueled decisions, binges of food, gambling, shopping or any other extreme behavior, we are, sooner or later, bumping into walls like our feline friend here.

 And we’re not really sure WHY we’re doing it in the FIRST place!

 “For what I am doing, I do not understand. For what I will to do, that I do not practice: but what I hate, that I do.”

The Apostle Paul in Romans 7:15

But God knows.

“For He knoweth our frame; He remembereth that we are dust.”

Psalms 103:14

He gets our desperation and its demanding, self-destructive choices.

For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God.”

Romans 3:23

“For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.”

1 Corinthians 13:12

Yet He promises to lead and guide us.

“Your ears shall hear a word behind you, saying, This is the way, walk in it, whenever you turn to the right hand, and whenever turn to the left.’”

—Isaiah 30:21



“I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go: I will guide you with My eye.”

—Psalm 32:8

However, it’s up to us to ask for and seek that wisdom and leading. And that’s where we need to get real with ourselves. What do we really want?

“…‘Do you want to get well?’"

John 5:6

Or, again, do we want this?

We can decide if we want to keep bumping into walls. This behavior is not working; we look as ridiculous as this cat.

The viral clip is worth pondering for the state of our lives, isn’t it?

Copyright © 2019 by Sheryle Cruse














No comments:

Post a Comment