Saturday, July 11, 2020

3



It has been said that the spiritual meaning of the number “3” signifies Holiness and Trinity.
That may be a bit ambitious concerning my personal situation here and now, but today, “3” hits my life in a big way.
Three years ago, today, I was diagnosed with breast cancer.
I got the lifechanging phone call, with a compassionate nurse, on the other end, lowering the boom. I felt the heart shock of “I’m going to die” within seconds of hearing the word, cancer.
And each year that has ticked by since that altering moment has served as both reminder and encourager. Yes, I think about death each anniversary. Let’s be honest: I think about death, my death, daily, since my diagnosis.
Invite me to parties right now, everyone.
But there is life-affirming stuff, even in the middle of the death and cancer anniversary talk.
I am still here. Going on year three of this “Still here-ness.”
There is something personally Holy about that to me.
Copyright © 2020 by Sheryle Cruse


No comments:

Post a Comment