Saturday, March 26, 2011

Dear Diary, DEAR GOD!!!!

I’m up to my eyeballs and Judy Blume revelations in diaries here! Help! Save me!!! Working on my latest book has meant delving into my past: the wacky, the kooky, the embarrassing. Ah memories! Light the corners of my mind…
Anyway, I’ve gotten glaring revelation of how much I’ve changed- and how much I haven’t. We’d all like to think that we mature into sophisticated people. But honestly, the reality, a lot of the time is that we’re awkward kids, fumbling and screwing up in an epic way. I’ve heard it said that really, once we get past eighth grade, we just kind of recycle that whole mentality over again. Dooms day? We’re all perpetually fourteen years old? Yikes!
In those moments, however of adolescence, whether it be chronological or emotional, let’s remember, God knows.
“For he knoweth our frame; he remembereth that we are dust.”
Psalms 103:14
And we need to know- and remember, in spite of our awkward natures…
“I have chosen you and have not cast you away.”
Isaiah 41:9
“Since you were precious in my sight… I have loved you…”
Isaiah 43:4
It bears repeating to our terminally fourteen year old selves, right? Relax! Whether it’s your pasty, your present or your future, God’s aware of it. Each day you’re alive has meaning in it, whether or not you feel it’s “noteworthy” as I diary entry. Be patient; you’ll get there. You ARE getting there!
Now back to my own awkwardness- and the diaries that invade my eyeballs. Send a search party if you don’t hear from me soon.



No comments:

Post a Comment