Wednesday, August 31, 2011

An imperfect picture





One of my life goals is to get a great family portrait of the four of us: Russ, our two cats, Gracie and Glory and me. So far, no dice. There have been a few attempts. When we first got them as squirrelly kittens…



Last year, shortly after the arrival of their new cat tower…



And most recently…


This last attempt was the least successful, I must say. Two out of the four- Glory’s fur and one of my eyes.



Great.

What can I say? We’re racing against fidgety cat time? No one of the feline lot agrees with the concept of portrait posing. No, what they do, however, understand, it is wiggling, squirming and panicking time. It’s amazing how Russ and I are not all scratched up.

I console myself with the fact that an imperfect picture never takes away from a meaningful one. Just because we’re not portrait ready does not mean that the four of us our worthless or unlovable. Everyone takes a bad picture. But, we’re still worthwhile, even with paws and attention spans flailing left, north, right and east.

No comments:

Post a Comment