Friday, October 14, 2011

Simple and to the point...

Mr. Einstein is on target here.


I’m frequently reminded of this concept as I write a book proposal. The toughest part of writing, for me, is not the lengthy book. It’s the succinct proposal where brevity is prized.

I’ve often been referred to as “wordy” or longwinded. I have the film scene from “Monty Python’s The Holy Grail,” the “get on with it” scene whenever I find myself expounding, elaborating, going on and on.



Yes, simple is often best. We can come up with the most clever, most profound theory or formula. But if, after sharing it, everyone’s looking at you like a startled deer, then maybe, we should re-think it. And get on with it.

God is Love. God loves us. God’s helping us. It's not hopeless. Simple. Short. Sweet. None of these statements need our arguments. They are real.

So let’s choose the simple Truths; let’s not argue with Mr. Einstein.

No comments:

Post a Comment