Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Bubble Wrap

When I saw this image, I cracked up. Most of us love the popping of bubble wrap. It can be addictive. You start with popping just one bubble and then an hour goes by and you now have a deflated section of what was once cushion-y bubble wrap packing material. But hey, it is a great stress reliever. And in today’s stressful world, we often find ourselves needing to pop. What if God’s Word was spiritual bubble wrap? What if we could get that same kind of relief/comfort/happiness from applying His Word to our lives and situations? It starts by shifting our perception of all things God and Bible related? Do we see it as relevant and worthless or pointless and even harmful? What do we choose to go to in times of stress? God says He’s there already to help us… Jesus… “Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me.” John 14:1 “Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.” John 14:27 Do we turn here, to this incredible option? If not, why not? Ever heard the expression, “let Jesus be your co-pilot?” How about letting Jesus be your bubble wrap? He’s there to help you with any and ALL stress! Copyright © 2013 by Sheryle Cruse

No comments:

Post a Comment