Thursday, March 20, 2014

Consider Some Lilies


With this being the first day of spring, certain thoughts become more prevalent: spring break, getting in shape for summer and more revealing clothing and all manner of negative body image issues in response to life’s reality. We seem to consider anything which is critical, negative and punishing.
But what about considering some lilies?

“And why take ye thought for raiment? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow; they toil not, neither do they spin: And yet I say unto you, That even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these.”
Matthew 6:28-29

Wouldn’t it be healthier if, on this first day of spring, we could gear our minds towards the beauty of who we actually are, according to God’s perspective?

 “Behold, thou art fair, my love; behold, thou art fair; thou hast doves' eyes.”
Song of Solomon 1:15

 “I am the rose of Sharon, and the lily of the valleys. As the lily among thorns, so is my love among the daughters.”
Song of Solomon 2: 1-2

 “O my dove…let me see your form…for your form is lovely.”
Song of Solomon 2:14

 “Thou art all fair, my love; there is no spot in thee.”
Song of Solomon 4:7

It’s worth considering.
Copyright © 2014 by Sheryle Cruse


No comments:

Post a Comment