Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Hoops


As I’ve written different book projects and prepared various presentations, I’ve become very accustomed to the submission process: book proposals, outlines, main points, objectives and relevant experience are just a few of the requirements involved.
And yes, they can be tedious. I’ve often felt they want to know everything, including my blood type. I feel like I’m jumping through endless hoops.


But that’s part of the process…like recovery…like life…
I wish things were poof-instantly ta-dah finished. It doesn’t happen like that.

“But we all, with unveiled face, beholding as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from glory to glory, just as by the Spirit of the Lord.”
2 Corinthians 3:18

And let’s face it- we want it all accomplished now. We’re not too excited about patience, the process and jumping through our own necessary hoops. Nevertheless, it does not go away for us. So, we can either curse the inevitable process light or we can embrace the ongoing reality, make imperfect progress and get on with life. We can jump through hoops.
And God has told us He’ll help us.

 “Your ears shall hear a word behind you, saying, This is the way, walk in it, whenever you turn to the right hand, and whenever turn to the left.’”
Isaiah 30:21

“I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go: I will guide you with My eye.”
Psalm 32:8

Will we do our part? Each hoop is a step closer to us becoming fully who God has created us to be.
So, let’s tackle that next hoop in front of us.
Copyright © 2014 by Sheryle Cruse




No comments:

Post a Comment