Saturday, October 1, 2016

One Bad Chapter


 

 
As I writer, I’ve worked on numerous book projects. “Thin Enough” was my first major project. I spent a great deal of time mining past experiences from painful eating disorder incidents.

And, to look at those situations, it did, indeed, appear that life is truly, truly bad. But, as I worked on, what ultimately became the chapters of that book and other chapters of other book projects since, I’ve come to realize that “bad patches” don’t last forever. They may FEEL like it, but, sooner or later, life moves on.

“So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen, since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.”

2 Corinthians 4:18

Life is filled with all kinds of chapters: love, loss, death, pain, success, failure, joy and learning. But through it all, God has a purpose- and it’s not hopeless.

"Remember the former things long past, For I am God, and there is no other; I am God, and there is no one like Me, Declaring the end from the beginning, And from ancient times things which have not been done, Saying, 'My purpose will be established, And I will accomplish all My good pleasure'; Calling a bird of prey from the east, The man of My purpose from a far country. Truly I have spoken; truly I will bring it to pass. I have planned it, surely I will do it.…

Isaiah 46:9-11

What’s your chapter lately? Is it “the best of times… or the worst?” Whatever it may be, even if it is a bad chapter, there are more incredible blessings to come. Hang on; the page will be turning soon!

Copyright © 2016 by Sheryle Cruse

 

No comments:

Post a Comment