Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Just say the word.


 

Do ya want the moon?

Don’t tell Santa what you want; tell God.

Yep, back at “It’s a Wonderful Life.” All of these beloved Christmas films; I think I’m starting to bug my husband with them. But what can I say? I’m a sap.

Anyway, this scene involves our character, George Bailey, “trying to impress the girl.” And so, he puffs up his chest, talks all kinds of bravado and asks the character, Mary, what she wants.
 

What do you want?                                                                                                                            

That’s a question that gets even more attention this time of year, isn’t it?

What do you want for Christmas?

You may have a bad taste in your mouth about the “gimme/want” thing, but God, Himself, is asking you what you want.

“Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you:
For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.
Or what man is there of you, whom if his son ask bread, will he give him a stone?
 Or if he ask a fish, will he give him a serpent?
If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children, how much more shall your Father which is in heaven give good things to them that ask him?”

Matthew 7:7-11; Luke 11:9-13

“Again I say unto you, That if two of you shall agree on earth as touching anything that they shall ask, it shall be done for them of my Father which is in heaven.”

Matthew 18:19

“And all things, whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, believing, ye shall receive.”

Matthew 21:22

“And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.
 If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it.”

John 14:13-14

“If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you.
Herein is my Father glorified, that ye bear much fruit; so shall ye be my disciples.”

John 15:7-8

And, unlike George Bailey’s inability to give Mary the moon, God’s not limited by what He can do.

Can you believe it, receive it and tell Him? Go ahead; God’s waiting on you!

Copyright © 2016 by Sheryle Cruse

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment