Saturday, January 19, 2019

The Shame of It! My "Undeliverable" Email...


By now, it's gone viral. The shameful actions of the Covington Catholic School. If you don't know, just watch the evening news, get on the internet. Go on social media.

Anyway, it didn't take long before the contact info was released. 


I tried calling the phone number. Busy, of course.

So then, I crafted an email and sent it. Within minutes, I got this response: "Undeliverable." 

Okay, so, I'll post it in THIS fashion instead.

Here's my email. I think I'll snail mail it as well.

I encourage you to voice your displeasure at these horrible actions as well.



To Whom It May Concern:



I’m certain I am one of thousands of angry people contacting what you call a “Christian” school for boys. I don’t need to let you in on why I’m writing you. The shameful actions of your school have gone viral.



I AM a Christian and a person from Indigenous roots as well. The boys of your school and your school officials owe that gracious Elder a formal apology and reparations. You sit in a place of white male privilege. You are no better than the Pharisees our Savior had harsh opinions about. You and your adolescent boys are far, far, from Christ-like.



“You will know them by their fruit.”

Matthew 7:16



Don’t bother with any “everyone sins” scriptural argument (Matthew 7:1). You CHOSE to operate from this place of responsibility. YOU sought out these places of power because of wrong motives, not because you wish to educate youth with the “love of God.”



You are not teaching the love of God; the embarrassing proof is what happened at the march.



Scripture cautions anyone undertaking the role of an educator (James 3:1). I advise you to check your heart concerning why you are operating your school in this fashion.



The very least you can do is apologize to this Elder and to the Native community. I know you want this scandal to go away. And , in time, things will fade from attention.



Nevertheless, you will give account for what you’ve done. It appears you view the Native culture and/or the elderly as “the least of these” (Matthew 25:40).Your actions that were done, were, indeed, done unto the Savior. You don’t seem bothered by that at all.



Shameful!



Don’t bother contacting me with your insincere, privileged apologies. They are lip service only. Make it right to the people you have truly hurt!



LEARN FROM THIS!



Sheryle Cruse


No comments:

Post a Comment