Sunday, January 30, 2011

Cute, Unassuming Fluffy Bunny

Just who do you think you are?
Ever heard that? I have, usually it’s that accusing statement from inside my own head (ah, yes, I’m my best worst enemy). In life, being pegged, labeled and boxed in seems to be the order of the day. We all like nice neat little categories to shove people- and ourselves- into. But we’re more, so much more than that.
I love Monty Python’s “The Holy Grail”- and not just for the clippity clop use of coconut shell props to signify real horse galloping through the countryside. But I love it because, during the course of the film, there’s legendary talk about this big huge beast “with pointy teeth.” But when it’s revealed, initially, we see a cute, fluffy bunny, hopping along its merry way.
The knights in the story question and mock the severity of this supposedly fierce beast, feeling that they can handle the fluffy critter. But man, were they wrong! Did they EVER underestimate that sweet little bunny! They had a close encounter with the pointy teeth variety!
Never underestimate the “unassuming.”
You may feel that you have all the power of a fluffy bunny, that everyone discounts you because of your past, your eating disorders, your addictions, your failures.
Can I tell you something? They haven’t even begun to know JUST who they’re dealing with yet!
“But he said to me, ‘My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.’ Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me.”
2 Corinthians 12:9

You are more magnificent, more powerful, more relevant that you even realize now!
“I can do all things through him who strengthens me.”
Philippians 4:13
Because it’s God Who is in you, making it so! Don’t be intimidated or disqualified by your past, your failings and fallings! That’s exactly the stuff God’s using in you to make you shine with Who He is! Can you believe it?
You’re a fierce creature, even if you feel like a timid bunny right now. Be who you are- and always have been the entire time: more than a conqueror!!! Yes, you are not just a conqueror, but MORE than one, with God!!!
“No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.”
Romans 8:37
C’mon, show the world those pointy teeth of God’s Glory!

No comments:

Post a Comment