Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Peck…Peck…Peck…



You ever see those novelty acts of chicken pecking at toy pianos? That’s me at my laptop.

Tedious.

If only books would just “poof” happen! They don’t. I’ve been feeling like that pecking chicken lately. Pecking away at new thoughts…


Pecking away at rewrites…


Pecking away at… at… at…(no words come)
Writers’ block.

“A-pecking I will go, a pecking I will go. Hi ho, cherrio, a -pecking I will go!”

Sometimes I vary it a little. I go from pecking to ranting…


Anyway, I’m glad that God knows the end of the story…

“Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure:”

Isaiah 46:10

...because it’s maddening to think that as we peck at our day to day lives, progress seems to be slow or non-existent. It isn’t, however.

Bit by bit, peck by peck. We feel as ridiculous as a chicken playing the piano, but there is a point.

It’s not pecking in vain. Get there! Take your beak, peck at that next little thing. You’re closer today than you were yesterday!

Back to my regularly scheduled pecking.

No comments:

Post a Comment