Monday, March 26, 2012

I am




What do you do when you don’t know who you are? Identity crisis runs rampant today. We’re probably more insecure than ever as life gets more complicated and confusing.

And so, we grapple to define ourselves, often, with disastrous results.

Like…

I am worthless.
I am ugly.
I am a failure.
I am stupid.
I am hopeless.

Yay. Let’s hear it for the great I am, huh?

But there is an antidote: the real great I am.

God.

“…And God said…I AM THAT I AM…this is my name forever, and this is my memorial unto all generations.”
Exodus 3:13-15


The Truth is, God knows Who He is better than any one of us could ever hope to.

And even if we feel secure within ourselves, ultimately, our fragile state will tell on us.

“For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God.”
Romans 3:23


What are you seeking? What are you needing? Who do you want to be in life?

God is it; God has it.

Let God be your great I am in life! He’s never in an identity crisis!

No comments:

Post a Comment