Monday, February 12, 2018

Love Me




One Valentine’s Day, my sweet husband gave me this Sad Sam stuffed animal. Isn’t he cute?


I keep him in our office; he’s a source of inspiration and warm, ooey gooey feelings.

And, he’s a reminder of love.

As you can see by the photo, he is holding a heart, which says, “Love me.” I started thinking, as I looked at him holding that heart.

There’s where we all are, isn’t it? No matter what disorder, addiction or issue we face, at the heart of it all is that desperate plea, “love me.” It can be a demand with the loudest exclamation point or it can be a question mark, perhaps, more timid and quiet. Whatever the tone of these two words, it still speaks to our need to be loved.

So, this Valentine’s Day, who are you asking to love you? Is it a boyfriend, girlfriend, husband, wife? Or are you wanting to get love from some-“thing” instead? Are those things you’re seeking love and value from involving food, substances unhealthy behaviors and choices?

What about God? Where is He when you ask for- or demand- “love me?”

He’s already decided to answer that plea with a yes…

“Since you were precious in my sight… I have loved you…”

Isaiah 43:4

You may feel without a Valentine, only tempted, instead by the next poor choice. It could be an unhealthy relationship, substance or box-or c’mon, boxes of chocolates! You may have sad eyes like this stuffed dog here; you may be lonely and in despair.

God knows; God cares. He’s there, speaking…

 “The LORD hath appeared of old unto me, saying, Yea, I have loved thee with an everlasting love: therefore with lovingkindness have I drawn thee.”

Jeremiah 31:3

And HE’S the Source you need to direct that plea! Going to any other God- substitute, Valentine’s Day or any other day will not satisfy you and me. Are you talking to God, taking this plea to Him? If not, why not? No matter what, God won’t change His mind about loving you; it’s already decided. God wants to be your Valentine; He wants to show you how much He loves you? Will you allow Him to do so?

Copyright © 2018 by Sheryle Cruse




No comments:

Post a Comment