Wednesday, August 18, 2010

ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGH!!!!


ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGH!!!! Ever have one of those days in which that’s all you can say? I have! I’m having one now! Woke up late, our television went kapow, the cats won’t shut up and the phone keeps ringing. Ah, good morning! As I try to keep the lid on myself, from completely going postal, I remember God’s cautionary Word, before I break out the expletives:

“Death and life are in the power of the tongue.”

Proverbs 18:21

Ah, yes, the power of our words. As great as it may feel to let it all rip, we need to remember we have tremendous power to create- or destroy- with those words. God’s not trying to suppress our emotions or expressions; He’s trying to protect us from acting like rash fools all over the place.

He gets it; He knows exactly what’s going on, where we are, what we’re going through. He knows that we’re imperfect. However, we’re not completely incapable of Godly self-control. So, somewhere, tucked up, in the middle of my “ARRRRRRGGGHHH’s,” I’m doing my best to let God’s Word come through them:

“I can do all things, through Christ Jesus, Who strengthens me.”

Philippians 4:13

And yes, if you hear any yelling today, that would probably be me, practicing this principle. Practice makes perfect, right?

ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment