Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Don’t Be Chicken!




“And he said unto them, ‘Why are ye so fearful? How is it that ye have no faith?’”
Mark 4:40


Why did the chicken cross the road? That’s how the famous joke begins. But what happens when the chicken is afraid of crossing that road? Then what?

Feel like this lately? Are you chicken?

God tells us not to fear.

“Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.”
Isaiah 41:10




Easier said than done, huh? What are we afraid of? Often, it is the unknown. I know, for me, personally, I tend to automatically look at “the unknown” in a negative light.

But what if the unknown could be great? It’s possible, isn’t it? Maybe we can change the word, “unknown” with all of its negative, scary connotations, for the word, “new.” Let’s see how God could use something “new” to bless our lives.

“Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.”
2 Corinthians 5:17

“See, I am doing a new thing; now it is starting; will you not take note of it? I will even make a way in the waste land, and rivers in the dry country.”
Isaiah 43:19


Sounds potentially great, doesn’t it? Imagine the positive possibilities! With God, there is no fear, only love.

“There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love. We love him, because he first loved us.”
1 John 4:18-19



Even if it’s a baby step today, stick that toe on the road and cross to the other side. God has it; God has YOU!

“The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? the LORD is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?”
Psalm 27:1

No comments:

Post a Comment