Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Location, Location, Location

Look at these photos.







They’re taken in the beautiful Columbia Gorge. Aren’t they breathtaking?
If you would have told me that one day, I’d be living in Oregon, I would have said you were crazy. After all, I was a Minnesota farm girl.
But never say never.

And, back in the day, I never would have believed that it would take a geographical move to Oregon to make my book, “Thin Enough” come to life. You never know what God’s up to!

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.”
Isaiah 55:9


Sometimes, in life, we need to change location in order to get a different result. Check out Abraham here:

“Now the Lord said to Abram, Go out from your country and from your family and from your father's house, into the land to which I will be your guide:”
Genesis 12:1

“By faith Abraham, when he was called to go out into a place which he should after receive for an inheritance, obeyed; and he went out, not knowing whither he went.”
Hebrews 11:8


The old real estate adage, “location, location, location” may be the one component that moves you to a better life. You may not have to move geographically; it may be a mental move, an emotional or spiritual shift in thinking. But in making that move, you are in a different place to receive different blessings from God.

Change is a necessary element in life. How can you change- move- for the better? How can you change- move-in a way that’s closer to God and to your own purpose?

Each one of us, no matter where we live, can move in our lives. We can choose to make another choice, a different choice, a better choice. Maybe that move is a scary one. But we are safe in God’s Presence; there’s nothing to fear.

“Thou art my hiding place; thou shalt preserve me from trouble; thou shalt compass me about with songs of deliverance. Selah.”
Psalms 32:7



How can we move today? How can we be positioned for God’s latest blessings?

Even if it’s the tiniest shift, the tiniest baby step, let’s make a move today!

No comments:

Post a Comment