Wednesday, June 19, 2013

The Roar

“The wicked flee when no man pursueth: but the righteous are bold as a lion.” Proverbs 28:1 Are we roaring in life? According to scripture, we’re to have lion-like boldness. Yeah. I know. We fall very short many times. We view ourselves not as the lion, but as a tiny kitten. But check out its response…
Rarrrwh! Are we doing that? After all, we’re not alone in our roaring. We have God. “Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.” Isaiah 41:10 It sounds daunting, to be fearless, to be a lion, to roar with boldness. But it’s doable. Perhaps, if we start out with baby steps, with kitten steps, like this little guy here, we’ll get closer to our loud, conquering roar. In the meantime, let’s apply scripture to that roar- or absence- of it: “…even God, who…calleth those things which be not as though they were.” Romans 4:17 Rawwwrh!!!! Copyright © 2013 by Sheryle Cruse

No comments:

Post a Comment