Monday, September 6, 2010

Be your own cheerleader!

Gimme a “G!” Gimme an “O!”




Gimme an “M!” Gimme an “E!”

What does that spell? “Go Me!” YAAAAAAY!!!!

Yeah, I know it seems silly, but there are times in life when the only person cheering you on is you.
“You received a gift from God when I placed my hands on you [to ordain you]. Now I'm reminding you to fan that gift into flames.”

2 Timothy 1:6



I know that it feels good, warm and fluffy to get encouragement from other people. And yes, people can be wonderful sources of encouragement, helping us when we’re in need. But, at the end of the day, we’re left with ourselves- and our thoughts. What are you saying to yourself then? Is it, “Go team?” Or are you cheering for the opposite team.

I’ve never been a high school cheerleader, but I have talked to myself, saying, “C’mon, you can do it.” Haven’t we all? Break out the pom poms when no one else is singing your praises at the moment; positively use the power of your words!

“Speaking to yourselves in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord;”

Ephesians 5:19

We’ll get through these “alone, lonely times.” This too shall pass. Don’t forsake yourself, be your own cheerleader, rooting for your Victory. God’s rooting for you.

"What then shall we say to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us?"

Romans 8:31


How about agreeing with Him? Go, Team, Go!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment