Sunday, September 19, 2010

Stripes


Blech! Feeling sick today. Got the flu that hubby had last week. So, I’m here, in my robe, coughing and sniffling at 2:00 p.m. I’m waiting for my next “tussin” dose. And I’m thinking about stripes. Perhaps it’s because of my fever. Perhaps it’s because, in between coughs, I’m seeing stripes.
Nevertheless, stripes are usually big in fashion. We always hear about how horizontal stripes aren’t flattering on the body, how vertical stripes are “slimming.” Yadah, yadah, Yadah.

Still, as I’m pondering and coughing stripes, I reflect on scripture, especially regarding healing. Yep, nothing like sickness to get ya to think about healing, huh?
“But He was wounded (pierced) for our transgressions (Breaking the law), he was bruised (crushed, punished) for our iniquities (sins); the chastisement for our peace was upon Him, and by His stripes we are healed.
Isaiah 53:5
So, whether it’s a cold, a flu, an eating disorder, or any illness or injury out there, we are healed. Don’t give up if the feelings or facts don’t match the scripture yet. You are getting there, cough by cough, day by day. You’re getting better, not worse; that’s God’s Will.

“Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth.”
3 John 1:2
  And…
“…Thy will be done in earth, as [it is] in heaven.”
Matthew 6:10
In the meantime, wear those stripes of Jesus proudly- and get lots of vitamin C!

No comments:

Post a Comment